We’ve Got Standards…Test Standards and Methods
No one does testing just to test. There is always a solid reason, such as trying to find out why a product isn’t working (problem solving), or comparing a product to a competitor (benchmarking), or qualifying a new product (development). In these cases, testing on stainless steel with standard lab conditions probably doesn’t tell you everything you need to know to ensure you have met your objectives. Sometimes a standard test method is close, but the conditions or the way a stress is applied to the product isn’t where it needs to be. You need to know how the product performs in real, end-use conditions. At Chemsultants, we are often asked to come up with ways to challenge and compare products to help with problem solving, product development, or competitive comparisons. This usually involves something different or additional to standard test methods, such as special test fixtures, different exposure or testing environments, or special sample preparation.
With decades of experience in physical testing at Chemsultants, we can develop and document test methods to assist you in meeting your goals. We have operated in an accredited, quality management system since 2000, and know how to properly document a test method for future use. If the method requires a special fixture or perhaps even a customized test unit, we can work hand-in-hand with ChemInstruments to create test equipment and fixtures to support use of the method at your facility. Our goal is not only to help you with an immediate need, but to deliver a method that can be of continual help and value to you. If you’re having trouble figuring out how to test a product or to define a problem through testing, please call Chemsultants at (440) 974-3080 to see how we can help you with your testing needs.
Standard tests we perform:
- Adhesion Test Methods
- Stain Resistance Test Methods
- Miscellaneous Test Methods
- Electrical Tape Test Methods
- Width and Length Test Method
The PSTC Test Methods are included in the most recent edition of the PSTC Test Methods Manual.
This information is provided for reference only. Please view this list of Physical and Analytical Adhesive Tests that Chemsultants performs for more information.
- International Standard for Peel Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tape*
- Relative Performance of Release Coatings
- Quick Stick of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Tack Rolling Ball
- International Standard for Shear Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tape*
- Unwind Force of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Accelerated Aging of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Adherence to Linerboard of Pressure Sensitive Tapes at Low Temperatures
- High Speed Unwind Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tapes to Fiberboard at 90° Angle and Constant Stress
- Determination of Adhesion to Release Coated Substrates: Wet Spread Method
- Loop Tack
- Stain Test for Finishes
- Latent Staining of Surface Finishes
- International Tensile Strength and Elongation of Pressure Sensitive Tapes*
- International Thickness (Caliper) of Pressure Sensitive Tapes*
- Water Vapor Transmission Rate of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Water Penetration Rate of Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Tear Resistance
- Tear Resistance of Plastic Film Tapes
- Shear Strength after Solvent Immersion of Electrical Grade Tapes
- Dielectric Breakdown of Electrical Grade Tapes
- Thermosetting Properties
- Flagging of Electrical Grade Tapes
- Oil Resistance of Electrical Grade Tapes
- Resistance to Penetration at Elevated Temperatures of Electrical Grade Tapes
- Flammability of Electrical Grade Tapes
- International Width and Length of Pressure Sensitive Tapes*
* - PSTC continues to work with the new Global Tape Forum consisting of the five global trade associations in Europe and Asia on harmonizing test methods into global standards and then selecting the key tests to become ISO standards.